25 March 2020: UPDATE FOR PATIENTS WITH PRE-EXISTING RESPIRATORY CONDITIONS
We are proactively reviewing all our patients who have pre-existing asthma and other respiratory conditions. If you are in this category, you will be contacted by phone by one of our specialist nurses for a telephone review and assessment of your condition and to update your medications if needed. Please do not call the surgery about this, the nurse will contact you.
Coronavirus: latest information and advice
Advice in your region:England
| Northern Ireland
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
These 4 reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
Symptoms and what to do
Do not leave your home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
For information on:
COMING SOON- ENGAGE CONSULT :A BRAND NEW WAY TO CONTACT THE SURGERY -watch home page video
View the results of our 2019 Patient Survey here. We are delighted to share the news that Caddington Surgery has scored higher than the CCG average in every question!
Some "What if?" questions are less scary when we talk about them... watch video on home page
We Want You! We are seeking additional volunteers for our Patient Participation Group.... read about it here.
Self-care programme for GP surgeries.. for more information see - self-care programme.
Silver Line is a confidential, free helpline for older people open every day and night of the year. www.thesilverline.org.uk